Our client is a fast growing Software Development business in the Motion Graphics sector who seek a first Finance Manager to take the reins of all aspects of the organization's finances.
clients Software solutions are used extensively for: live events, interactive
installations, graphics in advertisements, and TV as well as Movies. They now
seek a qualified Finance Manager to join their SLT and to manage all aspects of
Finance including inward investments.
Strategic and business development
- As a member of the SLT, participate/contribute to
the development of the Organisation’s Strategic Plan (inc. business planning, budgeting,
and other operational matters).
- Ensure high quality, accurate & timely
financial advice and analytical modelling is provided to SLT and managers.
- Support all business functions in gaining financial
understanding of their ops to drive right decision making.
- Preparation of monthly Board and SLT management
reports, including routine reporting on financial performance and KPIs –
metrics and commentary.
- Oversee the Company’s Fixed Asset register to
ensure accurate and up to date.
- Manage year-end process, inc. support for any
applicable audit and preparation of Financial Statements
Budgets & Cashflow
- Develop and manage cost centre budgets in
conjunction with cost centre managers.
- Ensure robust management of funds (and variances
against budget are explained and monitored).
- Complete cash flow projection processes and
reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating
needs of the Co and ensure the organisation has adequate working capital.
Accounts Receivable / Payable
- Manage out-sourced accounts payable process,
ensuring payments are made on time and accurately.
- Manage accounts receivable process, ensuring the
billing and collection process is accurate and timely.
- Aged receivables are managed effectively with
minimal exposure to bad debts.
- Work with the Sales team to ensure robust invoicing
processes across the business.
R&D Tax Credits & Other
- Manage existing UK R&D Tax Credit scheme.
- Research out new grant & credit opportunities
across the group.
- Oversee monthly payroll process & support
out-sourced payroll team to run occasional manual pays etc.
- Review staff data and reports from the payroll
system to ensure a high level of accuracy maintained.
- Manage all aspects of the business’s tax
obligations, including but not limited to PAYE, VAT, EU VAT.
Financial Controls & Integrity
- Ensure appropriate financial controls are in place to guarantee integrity & security of info and resources.
- Ensure internal financial controls are being adhered to throughout the organisation.
- Ensure the integrity of the general ledger so that it provides an accurate reflection of business activities and is maintained by ensuring regular reconciliations and analysis of general ledger accounts.
- Ownership of the finance and payroll systems, ensuring highest standards of data quality and integrity.
- 5+ years’ experience in financial roles, preferably
in medium-sized businesses with international markets.
- Degree or higher in either Accountancy or Finance,
Economics, Mathematics, Management
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified Accountant
- Experience in international subsidiary businesses
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work to deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication,
analytical and critical thinking skill