Our client is a Global Law Firm which has expanded into new technologies through their ‘NewLaw’ division, working with clients on a bespoke basis to deliver exceptional value.
Our client is a Global Law Firm which delivers exceptional legal results to its clients and are future-focused, having expanded into new technologies through their ‘NewLaw’ division,
This role is responsible for supporting our business development efforts for their ‘NewLaw’ Division, within EMEA. The Business Development Executive is responsible for working with the leadership team to support the development and execution of the strategic Business Development plan and for managing the effective execution of the go-to-market-strategy.
- Provide tactical/creative advice to practice leadership team to help drive their marketing/BD efforts, regularly reviewing and reporting on progress versus objectives
- Provide high quality pro-active business development support in a timely and professional manner
- Maintain and give active qualitative input into the content of publications and promotional materials (liaising with the design and editing team as required)
- Manage the distribution of promotional materials, including compilation and management of mailing lists and managing distribution logistics
- Maintain key information systems, such as the intranet and website.
- Ensure all materials, pitch records, CVs, experience statements and contact/mailing lists are clean, up-to-date and easily accessible
- Liaise with leadership team on a regular basis to keep up to date with what is happening in their respective teams and to facilitate flow to the PR team and internal communications team
- Keep up to date with relevant trade/industry press, highlighting articles of interest to the leadership team and proactively work with the PR team on media opportunities, reporting back any coverage
- Build and maintain a good working relationship with the global BD department,
- Assist in developing new business, includes providing background research, collating information on the teams experience and drafting copy to produce a focused business proposal highlighting the relevant team’s expertise
- Manage the production of pitches with great attention to detail and to agreed deadlines
- Collaborate effectively with pitch teams to create unique ideas, solutions or approaches to deliver winning pitches
- Organise and manage rehearsals for presentations where necessary
- Maintain the content of the pitch automation system; including regular updates as well as monitoring opportunities and making recommendations for enhancements
Skills and experience:
- Solid experience working in a BD/marketing role within a professional services firm
- A strong understanding/interest of a traditional law firm offering and ‘NewLaw’ products is desirable.
- Client and market facing experience as well as significant interaction with internal stakeholders.
- Campaign management experience.
- Authoritative and analytical with the ability to command senior stakeholder respect
- Ability to juggle a busy and varied workload, priority tasks and meet deadlines
- Dynamism and great all-round communication skills
- High level of confidentiality, discretion and diplomacy