Our client was one of the first to bring the power of the cloud to contact center technology, and continues to stay at the forefront of innovation across the globe. Now a leader in cloud communications solutions, they are looking for an ambitious and highly skilled DevOps Engineer to join their world-class team.
The DevOps role is responsible for
the availability, performance and scalability of infrastructure services
(network, servers, applications, security and capacity) used in the deployment
of multiple applications. You will be tasked with driving consistency and ease
of deployment through automation on multiple cloud platforms and regions,
working closely with Software Development teams. Key areas will include CI/CD
pipelines, automated provisioning of environments, infrastructure as code,
integration with source control and the observability of applications.
What success looks like:
The key deliverables, critical for effective performance e.g. customer satisfaction, and a brief description of why it is important
- Reliability: helps the business to deliver a reliable and
stable platform for customers to access our products/services to continuously
deliver improvements to those products without impacting quality.
- Efficiency: leads the way in delivering products/services to
our customers in order to realise business benefit as soon as possible, while
- Consistency: our products/services need to be deployed,
documented and tested in a consistent and repeatable manner in order to run on
- Facilitating the transition
from traditional web applications and services to container-based alternatives
with an end-goal of moving to a fully orchestrated environment.
- Working closely with members of
the development teams to deploy containers quickly and efficiently and own the
deployment standards to provide a consistent and scalable solution.
- Coordinating and improving
automated test suites and frameworks.
- Responsible for the maintenance
and optimisation of our CI Pipeline (GitLab CI/CD, Harbor, Puppet).
- Developing/documenting tools and
processes to drive and improve customer experience.
- Working closely with members of
the development, operations, security, provisioning, NOC and support teams to
ensure a stable transition from development to staging and production.
- Maintaining systems and tooling
responsible for continuous delivery
- Preparing technical handovers
to rest of our teams in Operations and Support.
- Investigate, diagnose and
remediate operational issues or escalated customer tickets.
- Automate routine manual tasks
to increase engineering time on high value work
experience you bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree/equivalent,
preferably in a Computer Science or relevant subject, or substantial
- Industry standard technical
qualifications, network or platform (e.g. MS)
- Experience working in an Agile
- Linux or Windows Administration
- Experience with Infrastructure
as code (Puppet, Terraform)
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with Source Control
Platforms and CI/CD (Git based)
- Experience with at least one
- Experience working in a cloud
environment (AWS, GCP)
- Knowledge of
container-orchestration systems such as Kubernetes
- Knowledge of one or more
- Experience with test automation
- Keen interest in scripting and
- Analytical and problem-solving
- Familiar with agile and DevOps
software development practices
- Experience with writing