Are you ready to join a company that delivers big data to the maritime world and all those connected to it? This is an incredibly exciting time for an experienced Product Manager to join a well-established but rapidly expanding team
Our client is a global operation driven by our mission to bring transparency to shipping, transforming data, information and expertise into actionable analytics, insight and perspective that create value for customers.
The Product Manager will report to the Head of Product, Risk and Compliance and join a well-established but rapidly expanding team. You will be responsible for managing the latest machine learning analytics product which has recently been taken to market.
This position presents an exciting opportunity for a product manager who has experience working with data wishing to expand on their commercial and data analytics experience. While specific experience around the maritime industry is not essential. Someone who has worked in product management or has a background in data and analytics would be advantageous. But by far the most important is the willingness to learn, at pace, about customers’ workflows and the solutions our client provides that helps customers navigate the regulatory, compliance and operational landscape.
This is an incredibly exciting time to join this business and you will work with the product management team to chart the strategic product roadmap, collaborating with the Data, Technology, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Success, Programme Management and Sales teams to ensure successful implementation.
- Develop a deep understanding of market trends, needs of prospective and current customers, as well as how customers use our current products and those of competitors
- Understand in detail customer workflows, their requirements in line with our wider business objectives to articulate compelling and successful analytics solutions and products
- Translate customer knowledge into user personas, workflows, and detailed product briefs which serve as the blueprint for go-to-market activities and a major input into the product roadmap or discovery schedules
- Develop clear and compelling roadmaps and help support proposed strategies for new products and product extensions
- Work in collaboration with our technology, data science and development teams, to manage and prioritise the backlog
- Create simple yet informative and action-led product reviews, with clear recommendations to the Senior Leadership Team, based on clear customer usage research, demonstrable benefit to the customer and evidenced by use cases
- Partner with Product Marketing to deliver compelling value propositions and go-to-market
Qualifications (what we are looking for)
- A commercially focused candidate, preferably from a fast-paced digital subscription background, with experience of creating customer profiles, understanding complex workflows and driving decisions on data and/or product improvements
- First-hand experience of defining key features, specifications and requirements of a product based on customer conversations
- Highly organised and attentive to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the business and customer organisations
- Team player who brings positive energy and the ability to influence, inspire and motivate cross-functional teams across the organisation
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, with the ability to construct and evaluate different business model approaches to maximise ROI
- Strong written and verbal English communication skills.
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to use own initiative to troubleshoot problems and find solutions.
- A flexible, can-do attitude with the ability to manage several ongoing tasks at any one time
On top of joining a supportive, diverse and ambitious team that welcomes all types of candidates, our client is also flexible with different working patterns and prioritize promotions internally. Key benefits include:
- Learning and development plan to assist with your career development
- 25 days annual leave, 4 days for volunteering and a day off for your birthday!
- Competitive Benefits
- Work with high quality specialist products
- Bright and friendly staff who are all “expert’s experts” and additional training and development for helping you achieve your career aspiration
- Regular social events and networking opportunities