Senior Network Engineer
Our client has a great customer service ethic and they pride themselves on delivering excellent connectivity. They take pride in delivering a great customer experience and on-going support, guaranteeing response times and working to very high SLAs and internal OLA targets As a qualified CCIE (networks) you will take on the deep technical network architecture, design, projects and operate and manage technical lead responsibilities for the networks and 3rd party support functions.
- Deliver the technical network architecture, design, projects and operate and manage functions as the technical lead
- Provide end to end network planning, design, asset management and configuration capacity and 3rd Party interface, manage network upgrades and/or migrations
- Pre-sales technical design authority – supporting the TSS function, customers and indirect routes to market
- To ensure the network is always on and managed to the top quality of SLA’s our demanding customers require and report on these weekly and monthly
- Provide technical support to all aspects of technical areas including product development, Technical Sales Support and indirect routes to market.
- To provide technical knowledge and take over Technical Sales Support (TSS) of non-standard solutions
- To take the design of customer managed solutions from design to build and operate together with product and service delivery
- Understand and educate staff on all aspects of networks and ensure information and knowledge transfer
- Provide the NOC team and 3rd Party outsourced NOC and support contractors with ongoing training and support to ensure our quality control KPIs are always achieved, act as escalation stage for network related faults and issues
- Monitoring of all key performance metrics and reporting including: Capacity, Availability, Performance and SLA compliance.
- Ensuring 100% uptime capability in the core networks and 99.95 – 100% in the access networks are achieved
- Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery procedures are implemented, tested regularly and all relevant staff trained.
- Reviewing and measuring all 3rd party network support functions and SLAs to above target
- Support the planning, design and integration of new approved strategic technologies and networks and migrations as required.
Experience and Skills:
- 10+ years’ experience in a similar role in a Network Service Provider environment
- CCIE qualification minimum requirement
- Metro Ethernet Network design & Validation of CISCO Equipment.
- Ethernet product development (e.g. EWS, ELS, VPLS etc.).
- NMS (Cisco LMS) Design and Implementation for Metro Ethernet Network Testing & Validation of data services on Metro Ethernet Network for service providers, large partners and customers
- Implementation of processes for data services using OSS
- Design Build Operate and Manage VPLS and MPLS networks
- Design, Build and Operate Enterprise MPLS based architecture. L3, L2, VPN, VPLS based on Cisco platform.
- Design, Build and Operate QoS to end Business Customers and indirect channel.
- Cisco IQ, NCS range experience would be desirable.
- Continuous Improvement & Managing Change
- Commercial & Business Awareness
- Customer Centric
- Great internal and external communication skills including the ability to communicate with a wide range of senior internal and external contacts.
- A solid team player that can quickly build rapport with individuals from all grades and sections of the company
- Good problem-solver, able to work under pressure, coping with many competing demands
- Strong English communication skills both written and verbal